Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Homemade" Pizza

        Some of you may or may not know this about me, but I LOVE to cook, and bake. Another way for me to express myself. My wonderful Mother has planted the seed of ingredients, spices, and flavors in me as a little girl. Always with her in the kitchen either helping her with the food, or just cleaning and washing the dishes as she cooks. Which I very much thank her for.  Now after those few years of being right by her side, and having my own family, I've learned little secrets and ways of finer preparations. I would be happy to share techniques, experiences, and recipes here.
My type of cooking/baking is Russian/American/French/Italian. Lets just say I have a background of Russian , but I like to try many other styles as well. 
 
Please don't expect anything professional, or to be flabbergasted. All that I know is what I've learned form my mother, or just being self taught.


                        My Mother and I in the center, my older sister
                Snezhana on the left,and my sister Marina on the right.





"Homemade" Pizza:

 
Ingredients:

- 18oz. Cheese Flat Bread  (I found mine at Costco)
- 2 tbs. Mayonnaise
- 4-5 tbs. Marinara sauce
- 10-15  Olives of choice
- 20 Pepperonis
- 5-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 large Sweet onion
- 1 large Red bell pepper
- 1-2 cups Shredded Cheese of choice 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400dg F.

1. Slice onion, and bell pepper thinly. On medium high heat, saute the onions on a skillet with 1tbs. butter, about 5 min. Add the sliced bell pepper to the onions and continue sauteing for another 10 minutes. Until you get a nice golden color. Set aside.

2. Spread mayonnaise evenly over flat bread, spread marinara sauce evenly on top of the mayo. Sprinkle about 1/2 a cup of cheese over the marinara (cheese will act as glue for the pepperonis), add the pepperonis on top.

3. At this point go ahead and top the pizza with the sauteed onion/bell pepper. Slice the olives, and tomatoes. Add to the pizza. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. 

4. Place pizza on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese forms a nice golden color.

Please feel free to try any vegetables or meat of choice, adding mushrooms, basil, spinach, artichokes, or even sun dried tomatoes(YUM!) would make a GREAT alternative.
Enjoy.

My mother would make a similar pizza like this during my childhood, growing up we would rarely go out to eat, so instead of buying a pizza she would create her own, which for me and my siblings was totally fine, we always loved her versions better anyway :) 


If you would like me to share more recipes please let me know so.

3 comments:

  1. Home made pizza by my mom and my grandma is the best one ever.

    P.S.Enter my awesome giveaway
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/2012/04/easter-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Irinka this Pizza Looks super Delicious! I will definitely Take your recipe and try it for my family! Also, I am very happy for you that you have started your own blog, this is something that we all have to do, blog about what we love and how we live!Great Job! Keep doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please!!! and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete