Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato

        

 {   I love looking through pintrest, and seeing soo many amazing things people have to share with the world. I usually tend to stick to the food or gardening posts but I also enjoy the fashion/beauty posts or the fitness: I get soo much motivation, tips and different techniques from there.
So just like I promised, with the over flow of likes I got on my instagram picture; I'm posting the recipe to the delicious Breakfast Stuffed Sweet Potato which on pinterest is where I first saw a picture of it. I can say it was pretty much love at first sight and my taste buds agreed once I had my take on it made. I didn't follow the exact recipe, but it's pretty close. }


ingredients:

- 4 medium sweet potatoes (I used the light skinned sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup of black beans
- 4oz Fontina cheese, freshly grated. ( I used smoked and I bet it was just as good as the original recipe if not better )
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 lemon juiced (depending on how juicy your lemon is)
- 4 eggs, cooked as desired
- 10 extra thin slices of pancetta
- salt & pepper


directions:

- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse the sweet potatoes, cut in half and place on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees F. and bake for 30-40 minutes more. Remove and let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Carefully cut down the center (length wise) of the sweet potato, pinching the ends together and pushing them inward. Stuff each potato with an ounce of the fontina cheese and top equally with the beans. At this time you can place the potatoes back into the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese and to keep everything nice and hot.
- Place the pancetta on a separate baking sheet with a wrack attachment (so the extra fat drips off, and pancetta doesn't sit in the drippings, this causes the pancetta to get extra crispy). Place on lower wrack and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Dab the pancetta with paper towel to soak up any extra unwanted fat. Chop into large crumb size pieces. Pull the potatoes from the oven and sprinkle pancetta equally over each potato opening.
- Arugula: Rinse and pat dry. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper and whisk together until all combined into a homogeneous mixture. Pour over the arugula and toss until coated evenly. Top 1/4 of the arugula to each potato, then add your cooked egg. If desired, you can cook the eggs when the potatoes have a few minutes left in the oven.


Enjoy
And please let me know how it turns out for you.




P.S.
Coming soon......

                                  {Vanilla Sugar Waffles}

No comments:

Post a Comment